Thursday, August 25, 2011

Shabby Chic


I made a card yesterday using a technique from the TJ Stampbooking CD.  It is such an easy technique with stunning results, I think.  This is for the I Brake for Stamps Challenge blog and the challenge is make a Shabby Chic card.  I did use stamps from I Brake for Stamps as well.

The second card is done using the packaging from Tim Holtz foliage brad set.  I took an online class about color and the instructor mentioned the pretty packaging on some items.  I had never really noticed that before.  I stamped the lady, also from IBFS, directly onto the shiny paper and then sprayed it with Goose Bumps, which besides being a resist, also leaves a really cool texture on the paper.

5 comments:

Jane Bosi said...

LaVerne!! What beautiful work!! I can't decide which one I like more so, I'll just go with "I love them both!" Thanks for playing along!!

Beth said...

LaVerne this are beautiful will have to re-check that technique.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are gorgeous..and I agree, you do lovely work. I always love to see what others are doing and am never disappointed with the awesome creations.

Michele said...

these are both incredbily beautiful! you are a wonderful artist. xo

Lyneen said...

Great cards LaVerne! They are beautiful!!!

Love the packaging background on the second card... TFS!